Notice anything new?! Probably not…but now the entire site is running on Node.js! Along with the new Node.js backend, I revamped the development and deployment processes:
- Using Visual Studio Code for Mac as my editor (instead of Visual Studio Community Edition on Windows)
- Bitbucket.org for code repository (instead of keeping it local on my Windows VM)
- SourceTree for Mac as a Git client syncing with Bitbucket
- Visual Studio Code supports Git commits and pushes
- I can still develop/test locally by running “node server.js” on my Mac (or PC)
- Any commits to the repository are sync’d to Azure automatically and deployed to production.
I’m very impressed with the new setup. This gives me a great foundation to start building the next wave of features for dreaddontdie!