Two years ago, dreaddontdie was based on .net, running on Windows and designed for Internet Explorer. Today, dreaddontdie.com is quite the opposite…it runs on Linux! 😳
Last month, the redesign of dreaddontdie (version 8.x) turned 2 years old.
Here is what looks like now from the browser to the backend:
- My code editior is VS Code
- Responsive design, HTML5 for audio, cross-browser/platform support
- Using Node.js and Express to host the application backend
- Cloud storage to host images, photos and music
- The site is packaged into a Docker image and deployed to my Kubernetes cluster running Linux
- Everything is hosted in the cloud (Azure)
It’s amazing to look back and see how far it has come!